pinterest

Thursday 1 January 2015

Rome is iconic for a reason

                              Rome is iconic for a reason.
Rome has always been known as the eternal city, even in ancient times. The Romans considered themselves invincible and for a long time they were. There were many reasons for its decline and eventual fall, but regardless the legacy that they leave has made one of the most enticing cities to visit. -The Contented Traveller

If you have ever visited Rome, you will have been caught up in the history and beauty of the city.  I still remember my first visit.  Coming out of the Metro at Colisseo stop, there it was right in front of me...the Colosseum.  All of a sudden all the history and Latin texts I had used, and all the movies I had seen came alive.  This continued as I explored the city further.  Rome is a city the I never tire of seeing.  I enjoy going back every time, seeing many of the sights I saw that first time.  Even though they have not changed, as many of them have stood for two centuries, I still like to go back.  There is always something more to see in the city.

Read more at www.contentedtraveller.com/rome-iconic-reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment