pinterest

Monday 29 December 2014

'Free' or 'Almost Free' are great words!

I love the word 'free'.  'Almost free' isn't bad either.  Especially when they are related to travel.  They help stretch your travel budget further.  In the accompanying article, 10 (Almost) Free Travel Deals, I particularly liked:
  • 'Free International Calls'.  One of the easiest ways to lose money when travelling is to deal with phones and SIMs.  Know your plans.  Don't get caught roaming, or you could come home to a hefty bill, and all those pleasant memories of your trip will be lost.

  • 'Free Stopovers'.  A stopover of appropriate length in a city can give you an opportunity to see a city while en route to, or from your main destination.  I call them 'exploratory visits' or 'a taste of...'.  I get to see a city and decide whether I would like to return there in the future, or if one visit is enough.  So far all my stopovers have led me to want to return to that destination.

  • 'Free City Tours'.  What better way to take advantage of your time on a layover than to take a complimentary tour of the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment