pinterest

Wednesday 25 March 2015

An unexpected incident

When travelling, I enjoy going in all types of stores. I get to see the things the locals can buy - similar and different to home. I also enjoy seeing the prices of things, and comparing them to home.
This morning, I was in a Lidl store in Naples and I caused an incident. I was walking by the wines, looking at the types and the prices. Even their most expensive bottles were a fraction of the price I am used to in Canada.


I took a photo so I could possibly post it here, and also share with friends at home. Well! I guess you don't do that at Lidl. The manager, who was nearby, flipped out. No explaining possible. I guess I am part of the competition...even though the Italian that I speak is with a Canadian accent.

I have done this before in Lidl stores, as well as other stores in Europe and wherever I travel.

I guess some people just aren't open to the idea of sharing cultural experiences, which I consider this to be.

Even at home, I often take photos in stores, so I can remember items and prices for future reference. It would be harder for me to survive if I could not do this.

(N.B. For the record, this photo is not from the Lidl store. Heaven forbid that I would cause a bigger incident.)

No comments:

Post a Comment