pinterest

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Bistro des Artistes - Val David

Every once in a while you make a super find, often by chance...a great vista, great attraction, great accommodation, great restaurant.

I have had this experience in Val David, Quebec, about 100 kilometres north of Montreal. I found a great restaurant - Bistro des Artistes.

Found on the main street of the town, rue de l'Eglise, it sits along with many other nice looking storefronts.

Inside the restaurant is bright. White walls, red accents and great lighting give the bistro great appeal.

The menu has a nice variety of items - salads, burgers, pasta, fish, pizza, and not to be forgotten the 'specialité quebecoise' poutine. The fish and chips are also a highly recommended plate. It is amazing what a little imagination can do to even traditional dishes. Couple any of the items with a choice of wine or beer from their drink list. If you still have room, you can follow up your selections with a wonderful dessert from the dessert menu.

My personal menu choice was "La Poutine Général Tao". Being in Quebec I had to have poutine and I love the flavours of General Tao. I was not let down. The dish was presented with the usual fries and cheese curds. All of this was covered with chicken cooked in a wonderfully tasty, and lighter than many, General Tao sauce. The portion was ample and there was no scarcity of any of the ingredients. I accompanied the poutine with a Boreal lager.

The service was attentive. It began with a large bottle of cold water being places at my spot for my use. Once ordered, my beer was quickly brought to the table. The poutine was also served in minimal time.

The price was good for the quality and quantity - $17.25.

There is a nice sized patio out at the front. Unfortunately the weather of the day (rain) was not appropriate for sitting on it. I am sure in the good weather it is an ideal place to sit, eat, savour, and people watch.

I look forward to returning to the Bistro des Artistes and I highly recommend it for others to try.

Address: 24859 rue de l'Eglise
               Val David, QC
               J0T 2T0

Website - click here 


No comments:

Post a Comment