pinterest

Saturday 6 June 2015

Thoughts and Tips #45 - June 6, 2015

In this issue:

-Traveling back in time (Part 2): Havana in pictures
-Should We Avoid Travel To Controversial Countries?
-6 Things That Might Change Your Mind about Cruise Holidays
-10 exotic places you can visit on $10 a day or less | Las Vegas Review-Journal
-Too Scared to Travel? Don't Be: Reflections on Stepping out of Mainstream Life to Travel The World | Indiana Jo
-29 Cheeses from Around the World - Contented Traveller

Traveling back in time (Part 2): Havana in pictures

Havana is a city with a very special character. I've never found that in any other city before. You feel like you travel back in time. Like time has stood still the last fifty years. You see all those old cars, architecture from the golden times, old style home decorations...
Read more...




Should We Avoid Travel To Controversial Countries?


Around three years ago today both Franca and I were at home sitting at our computers trying to tick off all of the last tasks we needed to complete before started our new life of full-time travel.
Read more...





6 Things That Might Change Your Mind about Cruise Holidays


Photo credit: Fotolia
The old stereotype about cruise holidays suggests that only people over the age of 70 with a penchant for shuffleboard can enjoy a holiday on the seas. However, all the major cruise lines have gone to great lengths to secure the custom and loyalty of families and younger cruisers over the past 15 years.
Read more...





10 exotic places you can visit on $10 a day or less | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Cambodia (Courtesy)
When you combine all of the expenses that go into travel, like airfare, hotels, food, sightseeing and more, the idea of picking up and exploring different corners of the world can seem too expensive for the budget-conscious adventurer. The good news is that some of the most exotic and unique international locations can sometimes be the most affordable.








Summer travel season is here, families are planning their vacations, and maybe you are bringing a friend along or another family has invited your child to travel with them. Before you count your lucky stars and agree to send your child off on a fabulous adventure, there are a few things you might want to discuss with your child and the other family.

















It was my birthday yesterday, a day that always prompts in me a brief moment of reflection, probably more so than the turning of New Year.

And I have a confession: this year I have reached the grand age of 37. Yes, I know many of you are familiar with my 'travel age', which is 26 (though I think it is in need of revision), but my real age puts me in a peculiar no-mans land of ages. I'm no longer early thirties, not quite reached the petrifying concept of the big 4-0. As I like to put it, I'm on the wrong side of 30 and feel like I'm aging fast.



Let me paint you a picture. A bottle of Chablis, perhaps a Malbec, a picnic blanket, a baguette, a blue sky, a river babbling behind you ...and a cheese platter. Of course that someone special has bought prepared this picture for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment