pinterest

Sunday 9 November 2014

The 'Travel Bug' ...one bug that's not so bad to have...

I love to travel.  I am not sure why I do, but it is a known fact...observed by myself, my family and friends.

Perhaps it began when I was a newborn and could not sleep at night.  My parents would bundle me up and drive around the town where we lived and eventually I would succomb to sleep.

Since then being on the road or a path, in the air, on the rails or sea is fine with me.  By the age of 5, I was reading maps and giving directions in the car.  Adults would not always take my advice, and in more instances than not, they would find themselves lost or having to retrace their route.

At this point I have been fortunate to travel extensively in Canada and the U.S.  I have also had a number of experiences in the Caribbean and Mexico.  As well, I have seen a fair bit of Europe, and some of Asia and Australia, and I am ready to return for more.  I am always reading about, and hearing about, places to visit and adding them to my list of 'must sees'.  Places on that list include South America, Central America, New Zealand, Alaska and Canada's Arctic.

In this blog I hope to share many things.  Some will be personal experiences.  There will be tips for your travels - how to make things easier.  Discussions about destinations.  Sights you should see.  Recommendations for a great place for coffee, or to eat?  Suggested itineraries.  Anecdotes and observations.  I will also include my thoughts on various topics which may help you with your trip planning and with your personal insights.


So get ready.  We are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment